Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love Donna Hay

OK - its true ... I can't help it!!  I think Donna Hay is truly inspirational.   I love the way she makes simple things special.  And yes it is also true that I own EVERY copy of her magazine, and eagerly await its delivery to my letterbox (totally hate it when the postie puts a crease in it!!!).

Tonight I cooked Basil, Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken from the February/March 2010 magazine [on sale now].  Katies says it is in her Top 5 Dinners ... that is no small achievement on my behalf!  Unfortunately I can't publish the recipe (copyright and all that) but I can give you my version of her recipe ... I never stick exactly to a recipe and there is always something I forget to buy or remember to buy but it gets eaten, so I subsitute anyway.  I would highly recommend  buying the magazine ... most of what I am going to cook over the next couple of weeks is from this Issue.
















This is my version ... place lemon zest, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and olive oil in a bowl and mix.  

Side note .. I finally found a lemon zester I really like at Wheel& Barrow in LA.













Slice zucchini lengthwise and place in bottom of baking dish.  Place chicken breasts (must try Lenards Tender Gold Chicken Breasts - you'll never buy anything else again!) on top of the zucchini and drizzle with the oil mixture (Donna's recipe has fresh basil mixed in as well - I didn't have any).   

Roast at 220 deg C. for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for a further 15 minutes (or until chicken is cooked).

I believe garnishing is a MUST ... doesn't have to be anything fancy but it always adds a special zing to your meal!
I scattered parsley on top w. a scoop of Basil Dip (my substitute for not having basil).   I also used lemon and lime wedges.

The result speaks for itself ...



















Yummo !!!

I would love to hear what your favourite Donna Hay recipe is ... I know it is hard to narrow it to just one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment